FREE SHIPPING ON ALL DOMESTIC ORDERS OVER $75 | FREE LOCAL PORCH PICK-UP AVAILABLE DURING CHECKOUT
Ways to care and use a wooden wick candle.
Wooden Wick candles have become the latest trend. They have a unique look and they create a very cozy vibe. Wooden Wick candle are natural. The soft crackling sound they make when lit, is extremely soothing and relaxing. However, we understand that many of you are using wooden wick candles for the very first time and might have some questions. We would love to help you out so that you could enjoy burning your candle with ease as much as we enjoy making it for you.
- All our candles come with pre-trimmed wicks. You don't have to trim the wick before lighting your candle for the first time.
- We recommend trimming the wicks to 1/4 inch before re-lighting.
- The natural candles are said to have a memory. Hence, it is very important to always let them burn till the melt pool reaches the edge of the jar.
- This also helps the candle to avoid tunneling and uneven burning.
- Our candles are made from vegan wax and don't have any chemicals in them. Slight discoloration is very normal and is a proof that we use natural ingredients. The discoloration will not affect how the candle will burn.
- Never burn your big candles for more than 4 hours and the small ones for more that 2.5 hours. The wick will otherwise get over used and this will reduce the life of your candle and also affect the scent throw.
- Before re-lighting your candle always wait for it to harden and reach room temperature. This could take at least 4 hours. When re-lighting your candle, it is very important to break off the black char from your last burn. This will ensure a proper burn and crackle.
- We recommend using wick trimmer or just pinch off the burnt black char with your fingers.
- If you don't trim your wicks then the candle will burn very hot and the flame will be too big. This will create soot and uneven burning.
- If anytime the flame is very big please extinguish the candle and trim the wick to 1/4 inch after it cools and hardens.
- If your candle is not staying lit chances are that you have trimmed your wick more than what is recommended.
- Make sure you keep the candle and its melt pool clean and free from debris.
- Always cover your candles after use with their lids.
- Always burn on a heat safe surface and well ventilated area.
- Keep out of reach of children, pets, and drafty areas.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep candles away from direct sunlight as they can discolor the wax.
Suzi Schmittlein —
Hi there! Love your candles is the tree shape one available? Can you ship it? Are you at any craft fairs